These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and What Does Not LTD, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by What Does Not LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to What Does Not LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
WDN takes copyright law seriously. If you believe that your copyright is being infringed upon on our website, please contact us with a comprehensive copyright infringement notice.
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of What Does Not LTD, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of What Does Not LTD.
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to What Does Not LTD, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
You may use information on What Does Not LTD products and services (such as data sheets, knowledge base articles, and similar materials) purposely made available by What Does Not for downloading from the Site, provided that you (1) not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents1..
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
In accessing and using the Site provided by What Does Not LTD, you are explicitly prohibited from employing any “deep-link,” “page-scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or any other automated device, program, algorithm, methodology, or equivalent manual process. Likewise, you may not engage in any similar activity to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site or its Content. Moreover, you must not attempt to reproduce or bypass the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, or seek to obtain materials, documents, or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site. Any such activities are strictly forbidden, and What Does Not LTD reserves the right to take appropriate action against them.
Unauthorized access to any section or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or What Does Not LTD servers, is strictly prohibited. Any attempts to gain unauthorized access, whether through hacking, password “mining,” or any other unlawful means, are expressly prohibited.
Furthermore, you are not allowed to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to it. Any attempts to breach the security or authentication measures of the Site or connected networks are strictly prohibited. It is prohibited to perform reverse look-ups, trace or attempt to trace information about other users, visitors, or What Does Not LTD customers, including any What Does Not LTD accounts not owned by you. Exploiting the Site or any services or information offered through the Site with the intention of revealing information, other than your own provided information, including personal identification or information, is strictly prohibited.
By using the Site, you agree not to engage in any activity that places an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on the infrastructure of the Site or What Does Not LTD’s systems or networks, as well as any systems or networks connected to the Site or What Does Not LTD.
You are not permitted to employ any device, software, or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with the usage of the Site by other individuals.
Manipulating headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of any message or transmission sent to What Does Not LTD through the Site or any service offered on the Site is strictly prohibited. You may not impersonate or pretend to be someone else, or represent any other individual or entity.
5. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
6. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
7. We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
8. You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
By subscribing to a paid WDN membership, you expressly agree to:
WDN may offer free memberships to its users, which is at our discretion. As a free member, you acknowledge and accept:
9. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of What Does Not LTD or that of our affiliates.
10. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
11. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
13. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that What Does Not LTD makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. What Does Not LTD is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
14. Whilst What Does Not LTD uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
15. What Does Not LTD accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
16. What Does Not LTD reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
18. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, What Does Not LTD accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
20. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
21. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
23. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
24. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
25. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
26. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
What Does Not LTD is a social enterprise, and a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12592348 and it operates the Website www.whatdoesnot.com.
You can contact What Does Not LTD on the Contact Us page.